Where to find the best fireworks
Nothing says summer quite like fireworks on the Fourth of July, and it won’t be long before we’re all gathered around lawn chairs eagerly awaiting the bombs bursting in air! No matter where you are in Kansas City or Southern Missouri, there are incredible displays that will have you bursting with patriotic pride.
- National WWI Museum and Memorial: The Stars and Stripes Picnic on July 2nd at the WWI Museum and Memorial will be capped off with an incredible fireworks display after dusk. The action starts at 3:00 p.m. when guests can picnic and check out 50 vendors on site.
- Corporate Woods: If you’re in the suburbs on the Kansas side of the metro, the Star Spangled Spectacular at Corporate Woods Founders’ Park is an excellent option. Food trucks and musical performances start at 6:00 p.m., with the fireworks beginning at 9:45 p.m.
- College Boulevard Activity Center: The Olathe Red, White & Blue fireworks show also starts at 9:45 p.m. Be aware that Fireworks, open flames, alcohol, and pets are prohibited in the area.
- Parkville: The Fourth of July Celebration in Parkville runs all day on July 4th. Catch a pancake breakfast, skydiving exhibition, and even a parade before the fireworks start in the evening.
- Lee’s Summit: Friday, July 1st at 9:30 p.m. marks the return of Lee’s Summit’s Legacy Blast fireworks display after a two-year pandemic hiatus. Concessions, food truck vendors, face-painting, balloon artists, inflatables, and even selfie stations will all be a part of this year’s fun.
- Branson Landing Liberty Light Up: Live music featuring Mile Zero and The Dirty Saints starts the action at 6:00 p.m. on July 3rd in Branson. The beer garden can help hold you over until the fireworks begin later that night.
- Table Rock Lake: You’ll have the chance to take in fireworks by land or on a boat at Table Rock Lake’s Fireburst at Kimberling City Bridge on July 1st. Fireworks start at 9:00 p.m. but make sure to get there early.
- Rockaway Beach: The Annual Rockin’ 4th of July celebration starts at noon on the fourth at Rockaway Beach. Craft and food vendors and carnival games will be out all day, and the fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Hollister: Chad A. Fuqua Memorial Park will host the Hollister Fireworks show on July 4th, which begins at 5:00 p.m. There will be plenty of vendors and activities before the fireworks, including the Little Miss Firecracker Pageant.