ReeceNichols Real Estate, the top-ranking real estate company in the Kansas City metropolitan area, is launching an initiative to serve the growing Hispanic community in Kansas and Missouri. This initiative stems from ReeceNichols’ ongoing commitment to serve, reflect, and grow with Kansas City.
President and CEO Mike Frazier stated, “Homeownership is a fundamentally important and rewarding experience. At ReeceNichols, we are committed to serving all members of the communities in which we operate, not only through assisting them with the home buying and selling process, but also through education on how to become a homeowner and how to grow and protect their home and its value. We recognize the complexity of this industry and understand the importance for Hispanics to connect and be accurately informed in their language of preference. Let’s find home together!”
Leading ReeceNichols’ initiative is Community Affairs Director, Fabián Gayosso-González. Born and raised in Mexico City, Fabián earned a Bachelor of Art in International Relations and has worked, among other companies, for the Consulates of Mexico in Kansas City and El Paso, Texas and at a marketing firm that focuses on the Latin market. He specializes in strengthening community partnerships and building strategic alliances to develop, implement, and promote programs and strategies aimed to improve the living standards of the communities.
“With a team of bilingual agents that speak our language (Spanish) and breathe our culture, ReeceNichols is ready to guide Latinos to a rewarding experience, help them reach their goals and get them to the place we all want to be: Home. As an immigrant myself, I understand the various challenges that people, regardless of their cultural, religious or socio-economic backgrounds, face outside their homeland. I am thrilled to lead this initiative at ReeceNichols to strengthen the communities we serve,” Gayosso said.
Although the focus will initially be on the local Hispanic community, this foundation will allow ReeceNichols to better reflect our current and evolving community within our agent population, leadership and client base. We realize our business is based on relationships and that every individual interaction makes a difference. We are committed to being a trusted resource for both our agents and the community and to ensuring exceptional service and a transparent process.
Since the forming of the Community Affairs Department, here’s what has been accomplished:
- Developed HILT (Hispanic Initiative Latino Team).
- Increased our presence in the community through sponsorships and partnerships, including:
- Soccer Nation
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Community Housing of Wyandotte County
- Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
- President & CEO, Mike Frazier, commits to advance diversity & inclusion in the workplace by signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Leaders and employees took part in Cultural Responsiveness & Reciprocity training.
- Participated in the Hispanic Development Fund’s Cambio para Cambio campaign, helping award scholarships to 4 KC students.
- Signed letter of intent with the Mexican Consulate to educate its nationals on homeownership.
- Partnered with Univision Kansas City to help Hispanic families understand the home buying process.
- Launched the Gold Key Project, a pilot program to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City.
- Formed African American committee to expand efforts and involvement with the Black community.