This spacious Victorian-style home harkens to days of yore, as it was constructed in 1890 - 3 years prior to the first automobile in the United States. She still stands solid, tall, and proud and is said to be built by the premier builder of the era. There are 5 entrances to the main floor, including the enclosed front porch that has been utilized as a LARGE walk-in closet/storage area, the mud room, and the connected ''carriage house'' that could be utilized as storage space, woodworking shop, arts and crafts area, or whatever your heart desires. THE DOWNSTAIRS BATHROOM HAS A NEW SHOWER. The home has wood flooring in the LARGE living room and area at the bottom of the stairs. The room at the front of the home could be utilized as a formal ''sitting room,'' as I'm sure it was intended, but has been a downstairs, no-closet bedroom for years. French doors are all that is missing to separate the ''sitting room'', exercise/office area, and dining room on the main floor. Upstairs consists of 3 very spacious bedrooms with closets, a ''common area,'' and a two-part bathroom with a door separating the commode & shower/tub combination area from the sink and make-up table area. There is also a large walk-in closet inside the restroom makeup table/sink area.This property includes a two-car carport and a detached single-stall garage, a portion of the back yard is enclosed by privacy fence and includes a portable building that sets on a concrete pad. PERFECT SETUP FOR OUTDOOR PETS! This home and property is across an alley from the post office and within a short distance (2 blocks) of a grocery store, Dollar General, a drug store, the public library, all activities of the Charles Ferguson Building and the Star Theatre, and all other eateries and goods and services provided by the merchants of businesses on Main Street of Willow Springs - MAIN STREET USA! SITUATED BETWEEN 2 CHURCHES SO PEACEFULNESS AND SOLITUDE ARE GUARANTEED!
Single Family, Victorian, 2 Story
1 Full/1 Half
2,559 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Yes -2 spaces
2,156 Sq. Ft. (approx)
Detailed Room Information
- Dining Room
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 2,396 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 163 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Hardwood, Carpet, Linoleum
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Forced Air, Central.
- Poured Concrete,Partial,Cellar
- Storm Doors, Mixed
- Additional Interior Features
- Cable TV,High Speed Internet,Walk-In Shower,W/D Hookup,Counters - Laminate
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. 2 Carport Spaces. 1 Parking Spaces. Storage,1 Car Detached Garage,2 Car Carport Detached,Parking Spaces.
- Lot Dimensions
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Gutters & Downspouts,Patio/Covered,Porch/Covered,Satellite Dish,Storm Doors,Garden Area. Level.