Winter is the perfect time to tackle home décor DIY projects. With plenty of time in the house, all you need is a trip to the craft or hardware store to complete these easy projects. Try one of our 10 quick, inexpensive ideas for sprucing up your home’s décor during the cold, quiet days of winter—from leading home bloggers across the nation.
- Wall photo collage—the perfect way to fill up an empty space in a hallway, staircase, mantel, or even bathroom—using your favorite photos and a few frames.
- Upcycle an old door—we love this idea for turning a discarded barn or home door into a vintage wall “space,” using paint and a few added pots.
- Saggy couch makeover—make your saggy sofa look new for less than $20 with a simple 10 lb. box of Poly-Fil.
- Redecorate your mantel—refresh your living room with 52 ideas for redecorating your mantel—in any season of the year.
- Soft, tufted headboard—change up your bedroom décor with this professional-looking diamond pattern headboard.
- No-sew cloth napkin pillow covers—a fast, easy way to update your couch or bedroom pillows, using cloth napkins.
- Year-round decorative wreaths—wreaths aren’t just limited to Christmas—it’s a great way to brighten your interior year-round.
- $10 split-photo wall art—mount your own photo onto foam craft boards to make an easy, 36” x 48” wall art hanging.
- Faux stacked log fireplace façade—yes, it really looks like a pile of freshly stacked wood in your fireplace—creating a cozy look for winter.
- Hand-painted tea towels—updates your kitchen or dining room with a fun, seasonal look.
Thinking about renovating your home? Call a ReeceNichols agent first. We can tell you what works in your neighborhood, and what doesn’t. Contact us today.