If you’re planning to rent a home, make sure you get a signed lease from the landlord—to protect you (and him). However, before signing any lease—get all the answers to these questions.
- What is my monthly rent payment?
- Does this monthly payment include utilities?
- If not, then which utilities do I need to pay for? How much are they per month (usually)?
- Am I responsible for paying any HOA (homeowner’s association) fees?
- How much is my security deposit?
- What will happen to this security deposit—at the end of my lease?
- How many months is the lease?
- What happens if I want to stay longer?
- What happens if I need to move out earlier—and break the lease? Will there be any penalties?
- What are your pet policies?
- Who will pay for repairs to the house or appliances?
- Who do I call if I need emergency repairs?
- Who will mow the grass and maintain the yard?
- Do you have any “quiet hours”?
- Are there any other rules I should know about?
Want to rent a home in Kansas City? Check out hundreds of homes in our online list of homes for lease, or talk to a ReeceNichols home leasing agent today.